Tuesday, March 15, 2005

sunrise

tuesday night.
i was about to leave my mom's place when i received a message. it was him. saying hi... i can't believe my eyes. he asked his friend for my number. unexpected. it gave me the shock of my life.
i replied:
"i thought you already forgot me."
he said:
"and why would i forget you?"

it felt weird reading that message and knowing it came from him. someone i met 3 years ago; someone who looked like he didn't give a damn; he told me he had changed since then. and why not! let's give him the benefit of the doubt. he doesn't exactly look like he has changed. well... yeah, he looks better now. but the way he talked, the way he moved, everything's the same.

he asked me where i was, what i was doing, a whole lot of questons about me. told him i was on my way to work. suddenly, he said something that totally shocked me: he asked me if i wanted to smoke with him on my lunch break. hell yeah! its not about smoking. it's about seeing him again. i couldn't wait.
6:15 AM: i went downstairs. waited for him. and there he was. i guess he did remember me after all. we talked by the stairs, waited for my lunch break to end. the sun was rising. i was so amazed. i was listening to him attentively. i wanted to talk to him for the rest of the day. we talked about family, friends, work and all those stuff. it wasn't enough, it can never be enough, but i have to go back now. and again, he shooked my hand and said goodbye. i watched him walk away... hoping that i would be able to spend some time with him again. then he sent a message...
"Enjoy work. Thanks for being my break. :-)"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home