Tuesday, March 15, 2005

starting over

first...

three years ago... olive bar with my friends - my 2nd time there... we were introduced. he was a snob... a sweaty snob dancing like there was no tomorrow... almost wasted. he looked at me, raised his eyebrows but said nothing. he was cute but looked unattainable... he's a model who hangs out with other models... and i'm just me.

second...

three weeks from today. again, at government, formerly olive, with new and old friends... on the dance floor... same spot. there he was. same guy. this time, he paid more attention - he shook my hand... then went dancing again. he looks better now... but still beyond my reach.

third time's a charm they say...

came from a luau party and ended up in (guess where!) government... and there he was... and for the third time, we were introduced. i said it was the third. he just smiled. i couldn't stop staring at him. he captivates me.

we went to eat, can't stop looking at him... then to to his best friend's house, who happens to know that i find him cute. and there we were, a party of five - watching movies and chilling out. that's where it all started. my fairy tale. surreal.

i can't belive we're in the same house, the two of us. he took a shower, changed clothes then we were all on the floor, watching movies. he was there and there was only one person between the two of us. i wasn't really paying attention to the movie. i was waiting for what he was about to say or do. he was saying things... things that matter to me. i won't forget what he said about how he'd like to meet someone who would dominate him. it made me smile. when the first movie finished, we talked about the color of my eyes. i was wearing contacts that night. they were pretty bothered by it... then all of a sudden, he moved forward and stared into my eyes. i melted. it lasted a couple of seconds but it felt like eternity.

we watched another movie, South Park. he suddenly started laughing hard. i went to the kitchen counter, behind him. i found him fascinating. its amazing how you could just admire people for they way they laugh. i wasn't aware then but i know now that i'll be cherishing that moment for a very long time.

before i knew it, it was time to go. i said goodbye to his best friend. then came the moment... i was trying to figure out the right words to say to him... he extended his hand. i shook it. i heard words, "hope that you'll remember me next time we meet" and realized it was me. he said "no problem". that was it. a couple of hours with him and i know that he's still the guy that i met 3 years ago. everything's different now though. don't ask me why... you wouldn't understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home